Monday, May 3, 2010

Gonzaga! oh yeah!


That's right, I'm putting off going into the real world for two more years because I am going to graduate school! I honestly never even thought I would go to college, so this soon approaching graduate school is kind of blowing my mind. I was accepted into programs at Montana State University and Gonzaga University, but I have decided to attend Gonzaga. For those of you that don't know, Gonzaga is a Catholic Private School located in Spokane Washington. I will be part of the community counseling program there and when I graduate will be able to have my dream job of being a counselor!!! Life is just never what you think it will be, but I'm pretty happy with the way things are going.

I just want to take a moment to thank a few people that have changed my life and made my higher education possible.

First there is Courtney. She has been my best friend for so long and being college roommates with her was such a dream. She always supports me and helps me with anything I ever need. Her parents have also been so wonderful to me and always supported me and helped me to attain my goals.


Next of course is Sam. We have been best friends since I was 16 years old. Sami without you I would have never gone to college. It just would not have happened. I owe you so much for changing my life in so many ways. Sam helped me go to community college and then made me fill out an application to BYU-Idaho. I have no idea what my life would be like without her influence, but I know it certainly would not be this good. Her family has also always been wonderful and taken me in and been so loving. I miss them dearly. (I don't have any recent pictures of Sam and I so I stole this one of her and her husband off her blog. lol.)


The final person I would like to thank is Elyssa. I met her at college and we have become the best of friends. The whole grad school process has been very scary and full of pressure, but it has been awesome to have someone to experience it with. I am so lucky because not only have I gotten to have many classes and fun memories with her at college, but I get to go to grad school with her too!!! It's going to be a blast!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

LOVE that you updated your blog! I am glad I have helped you make it this far. You've definitely helped me too! I can't wait for trips up to Spokane to see you! I love you Ops Thanks for being the best friend anyone could ever have! Love you!

Ma Mere said...

Opel, You know that Scott and I are so proud of all that you have accomplished so far, and we know you can achieve anything you put your mind to! Congratulations!

~Tiffany

Linda said...

Thanks for all the updates! It was great to catch up on all the things going on in your life! Good luck at Gonzaga! You'll do great! But you'll be missed here! :-(

Kristen said...

love it when you actually have blog posts to stalk :) it's so great you're going to gonzaga. we are probably going to be moving to pullman in about a year (fiance is from spokane). sorry you & griffin have to be apart - we did the long distance thing for a semester too. not fun but totally worth it!