Sunday, August 12, 2012

July

Now that we are getting closer to the present, I guess I will let July have its own post.
I became homeless in July.
My lease for the house I was living in ended in June so for the first half of July I was livin' it up on Mel's couch.

Ok lets back up.
Some important information to know.
So remember back in October - Decemberish when I was frantically applying to PhDs.
Well I had some interviews and turned down an interview
and decided to get my Phd at
the University of Minnesota!!!
Woot Woot! (This school is literally where counseling began.)
(Also their mascot is the golden gopher. I think thats a good sign.)
It is in Minneapolis and a top ranked school in my field of study.
I will be getting my Phd in Counseling Psychology.
(It will take me another 4 years. At least. Hopefully at most.)
There are only three other people that were accepted along with me.
Madness.
Just further proof that you never know where life will take you.

So on July 15th I packed up my car and headed out on a cross country road trip slash move.
If it couldn't fit in my car, then it didn't get to come.
Here is proof of the madness.

(once Meghan sends me the pictures cause they are all on her phone.)

I then proceeded on my 20 day road trip!
(I had never counted the days until just now. Wow that is alot.)

I spent a couple days in Rexburg with the wonderful Kennedy family.
(They are so near and dear to my heart.)
And of course my bffff Griffin and some great friends like Drew, Ford, Jack, Ryan, etc.


A little stop off in the Opal capital of America.
Spencer, Idaho.
(I know right, who would've thought.)

Then off to Utah to be with my best friend of so many years,
SAM!
I had a blast playing with her kids and just spending time with her.
It had been two years since I had last seen her!






Those kids of hers really wore me out.
Also I got to see a ton of temples in Utah.
(At least five. Oquirrh Mountain is pictured above.)
Cause well, thats what happens in Utah.

I also had the privilege of attending Michelle Castillo's sealing at the Draper temple.
She is amazing and I want to be her when I grow up.
She also has the most amazing family that I claim as my own.




Next it was off to Denver to spend a day with Brady.
Love that kid.
Then one night in St. Louis.
(I got a ticket in Kansas. It was not a good day.)
(Speaking of, I should probably pay that ticket.)
But I did get to see the St. Louis temple.
(Which I didn't know was there. lol.)


Then I finally made it to Indiana.
Where I spent a week with Jackson and his family.
I had a blast and his family is so wonderful.
He really does have the sweetest mom.
He took me to the IMA.
Indianapolis Museum of Art.




Jackson is laying on some art in the contemporary wing (don't worry it was allowed).
It was this section of floor with tons of tiny people holding it up.
Ah modern art.

Next I spent one night in Milwaukee.
Had to get my Meghan fix.
Then finally arrived in Minneapolis on August 3rd.
I will tell you about my new home,
but that will have to wait because this post is entitled July and we are breaking into August territory.

No comments: