Sunday, August 12, 2012

September - December

Fall semester.
I kept plenty busy with school and my internship.
Always a lot of working and being pushed and learning so much.
I also had the opportunity to do some teaching in Canada.
Yeah thats right, I teach internationally. Ha ha.
We have a site-based program in Canada and our professors regularly travel up there to teach the cohort.
I got to tag along a few times and get some teaching experience.
My professors Paul and Lisa as well as my wonderful and amazing friend Meghan and I always had a blast on these trips (and got paid for it!).

This is also when it was thrown in my face by my wonderful professor Lisa that I was wasting my potential and should be going for a PhD.
It was very unexpected and I really didn't know what to do with the information.
She said things about how she was smart but I was smarter and could really go far.
I had to rethink my whole life plan.
I got together with the wonderful Meghan (who was already working on applying) to look into it.
I decided I would keep going until it didn't feel like the right thing for me.
That never happened and in two months I ended up retaking the GRE and applying to 10 PhD programs across the county.
It was madness. (I do not recommend applying in such a haphazard, late-in-the-game way.)

This was also the point in my life where my car broke down about an hour and a half from where I live and my sister had to come save me.
Very late at night. (Thanks sis!) (She doesn't actually read this blog but don't worry I thanked her plenty in real life.)

Christmas also happened.
I spent Christmas in Spokane with Mel (my sister) and Glenn (her boyfriend) and my Spokane family.
It was amazing and fun as always. Mel always takes care of me. :)
Apparently I have no pictures to share with you from this period.
Sorry.

No comments: