Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring cannot come soon enough!

I should be doing homework right now. But I really don't want to.
Since I felt like changing the look of my blog, I figured I better write something new on it.
Well of course lots has happened since I last wrote. I am nearly done with
my first year of my doctorate. It is crazy to think that I only have one more year
of actual classes.

My first semester was really fun. I love my classes and had such a great time getting to know my cohort, school, and the twin cities.

I also had a blast doing some fun things with just the two best friends a girl could ask for,
Julie and Meghan!
I love that Jules lives so close that we have gotten to have many adventures together. It
is also wonderful to have Meghan going through this whole PhD process at the same time. It is also an added bonus that her family is not too far away. They have welcomed me into their home for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I can guarantee that I will be visiting again.

This second semester has not been quite as fun. I dont love my classes nearly as much as last semester. It is also just getting harder and harder to be away from all my family and friends. (I think this never ending winter also has quite a large part in bringing me down.) But spring is in the air and even though the temperature is still in the 30's, I am hopeful that the weather will be improving and I can finally leave my apartment.

To cheer myself up I will do a little review of some fun I have had. Oh the memories.


I sure do love legos and legoland at the Mall of America. Jules and I also made sure to go on a roller coaster there. 
Jules, Rosie and I exploring some gardens. Oh how I miss summer!

The spoon and cherry at some sculpture gardens. This is a well known sculpture in the Twin Cities. 

Jules had a birthday! Her parents came into town and it was wonderful to have dinner and then explore the ice castles with them. 

I'll do more posts about some other adventures that I took. :)

No comments: