Friday, August 13, 2010

Settled in.

I fell nicely settled in to my new place so I figured it was about time that I take some pictures to share with all of you and tell you how things are going. So I have been in my new house since August 1st and things are going really well. It has been a huge help (and a lot of fun) to have my sister right here with me. She lives really close to me and I go hang out with her every day. I have just been relaxing, getting settled, getting stuff done for school, working out, talking to Griffin, and hanging out with my sister Mel and her boyfriend Glenn. Life is pretty good.

Here is a little tour of my house. Starting with the outside.

This is the front. (Yes my house is peach. lol.)

The front yard is bursting with flowers. I feel like I live in the secret garden. It is so amazing and beautiful.

The older woman that manages the house lives in it too and loves to garden. She did everything to the yard and takes care of it all herself.

Here is the side of the house with even more flowers.

The back showing part of the garden that is there.

The back garden is full of lots of fruits and vegetables including lettuce, raspberries, and strawberries.

There is also a gazebo in the backyard. This is my favorite place to eat lunch and read books.

The plants in the backyard go even further back than I show. Its great to live somewhere with a yard and even better for that yard to be an exploding garden.

Now on to the inside.

This is the living room. This place came fully furnished. The women who runs it is older so everything looks older but is still very nice. I kinda feel like I went back in time but I like it. (The front door is to the left behind that chair.)

When you go through the living room, you then get to the dining room which no one uses too often.

Through the dining room, there is another table in the kitchen that most of us use.

Here is the kitchen. Its pretty big and has two refrigerators so everyone's food easily fits. Love that.

Then you head upstairs. (The stairs are off of the living room.)

At the top of the stairs there is a little loft that is nice and open. It's a great little place to hang out.

And then of course there is my bedroom. I have just a small one but its really all I need.

First we've got the bed. I was pretty glad I didn't have to buy one and that even my bedroom came with all its furniture.

I also have a desk which is really nice. The stack of books on the right will be going in a shelf, but I have to wait for Griffin to bring it to me.

And then of course I have a closet and a dresser. Since I have the smallest room, I also have a big closet in the hall to use for storage. I love that because it means I have no clutter in my room.

Well I hope you enjoyed the tour. There are five bedrooms in the house, three are upstairs and two in the basement. Right now there are four of us living here including the woman the manages the house. All my roommates are really nice. I am very happy here and just trying to adjust to all the changes and get myself ready for school.

1 comment:

Crystal Lyman said...

I love all of the flowers!! Yay! That is very happy!