Saturday, August 28, 2010

Changes.

Man there are a lot of changes when you move from the little Mormon bubble of Rexburg to the city of Spokane where you attend a Catholic school. Here is a little list of the things I am trying to get used to.

- having to drive EVERYWHERE I go
- having so many stores to choose from
- not knowing where anything is
- not feeling safe outside at night
- being told to not to go to certain stores by myself at night
- having to make sure everything is always so securely locked
- having crucifixes on the walls of my school
- living in a house with so much space (it kinda creeps me out)
- having my own room and so much privacy
- not having quiet, considerate neighbors
- only knowing a few people in the whole city
- attending such a small singles ward
- not having everyone I know go to school
- feeling really old because I'm a college graduate now
- not having all my best friends just around the corner
- having to pay $12,000 a semester instead of less than $2,000
- having classes that are 4 hours long
- having such a beautiful old campus (no offense BYU-Idaho but you've got nothing on Gonzaga)
- having tons of side streets with uncontrolled intersections (no stop signs or anything, its madness!)
- seeing homeless people on the side of the road
- getting to hang out with my sister all the time
- not having any memories with Griffin here

Some of these changes to my life are good and some not so good, but overall I am super happy and really enjoying my time here. I'm sure once school starts I will have even more changes to get used to... wish me luck!

2 comments:

Sam said...

It's true that there is no place in the world like Rexburg.

Kristen said...

My car got broken into a block away from Gonzaga haha. So I 100% understand the not feeling safe at night thing. Let me know if you need a taste of Rexburg, I spend a lot of weekends visiting Brad's parents in Spokane and would totally be up for a homemade cookie monster!