Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The joy of the zoo!

So I guess I should make a post about my birthday. Unfortunately I did not receive anything from the birthday list that I posted on here, but I am still waiting for Griffin to get around to sending me his gift so there is still hope for that baby lion. But despite that I still had a great birthday! To celebrate I went to the Idaho Falls zoo with my freakin best friend Court and her sister Clara. It was so great because I love animals! Especially baby ones. It was a really warm day and lots of the animals were out for us to see. Here are a few pictures of the fun.

Court and I are really twinners. Clearly we were separated at birth. Tragic.

This donkey was really dirty, but super nice.

Obviously the best part was this precious baby zebra. What a dream!

There were so many cool monkeys that liked to interact with us. This one moved around in such a sweet way. It was amazing to watch.

Then to finish off the day we went out to eat at Panda Express. So awesome. Pretty much the best way to ever spend a birthday.

As another birthday/fourth of July celebration I went down to Utah to visit my old roommate and dear friend Michelle! It was so awesome to see her and her family. It was a wonderful four days filled with parades, fireworks, barbeques, 5ks, swimming, and catching up on life. She truly is amazing and anyone who knows her is so lucky!

Thanks to everyone would made my birthday awesome and sent me lovely birthday wishes. :)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Opsy, you are so sweet! I hope you had a good time down here. I know that my family was so happy that you were able to come! Love you lots!