Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Small town Idaho fishing trip!

I went on my first fishing trip! Hannah (who is in my program at Gonzaga) grew up a few hours away from Spokane in a very small town in Idaho. She took Meghan (another awesome girl from my program) and me on a little fishing adventure. It was so fun to meet her family and see the town that she grew up in. It was so beautiful out there and her parents were wonderful!

It was a great day to go out to the river and her dad took good care of us. He built us a fire and showed us the ropes. Meghan and I had fun learning to cast. We had a problem of getting caught in the rocks, so none us of caught anything. But it was still so much fun! We also explored around the river until it started raining on us. It was a fabulous trip and exactly what I needed at that moment in my life. It was awesome to get away and have this wonderful distraction. I can't wait to go again!

Here are some pictures of the fun:

Hannah's dad preparing for the trip.

Getting ready to head out.

The beautiful river and slightly treacherous road to get to it.

Learning to cast.

My first cast!

Aren't we cute?

(This trip actually happened in February, but you know me, I'm not so great at writing on my blog. lol.)

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I am so glad that I am now a part of your blog! And that I discovered this several months after it happened, haha!

~Megs

Opal said...

well i also wrote it several months after it happened so its not just you. lol.